Advertisement

Gram's Daughter

topic posted Tue, August 30, 2005 - 2:53 PM by  Eric
Share/Save/Bookmark
Anybody know what she's doing these days? I saw her at a Gram tribute show in Austin, about a hundred years ago...!
posted by:
Eric
Texas
Advertisement
  • Re: Gram's Daughter

Tue, August 30, 2005 - 4:33 PM
    you mean Polly?
    I saw her at a tribute show in SF a couple (maybe 3?) years ago.
    Aside from looking hella cute, I don't know what she's up to.
  • Unsu...

Re: Gram's Daughter

Tue, August 30, 2005 - 5:25 PM
    Polly Parsons lives in LA. Hangs with a bunch of country-ish musicians. She recently helped produce the Gram tribute shows in LA (they are on DVD now I think....).

Tue, August 30, 2005 - 9:12 PM
      That DVD is called Return To Sin City A Tribute to Gram Parsons. It's wonderful. People like Steve Earle, John Doe, Jim Lauderdale, Dwight Yoakum, Lucinda Williams and Keith Richards are on it. And of course the truly legendary James Burton playing guitar. A few highlights for me are John Doe (of X fame) and a girl named Kathleen Edwards doing We'll Sweep Out The Ashes In The Morning, Lucinda Williams version of A Song for You, Norah Jones singing She and then her and Keith Richards dueting on Love Hurts. Everything else is great also with Polly hosting the whole show. No Gram fan should be without it.

Thu, August 24, 2006 - 2:37 PM
        Thanks for the tip on "Return To Sin City A Tribute to Gram Parsons."
        I'm happy to say my local library has it, so I'll be watching it soon from the comfort of my living room couch, which stereo blazin'!

Mon, January 9, 2006 - 9:40 AM
    Polly married Charlie Terrell early in 2005 and on Nov 13 their baby Harper Lee was born/beautiful pix on Hopeful Sinner of Gram's first grandchild.
    I believe Polly and Charlie met when she became involved with his production Taking The Jesus Pill
  • Unsu...

Fri, June 9, 2006 - 11:27 AM
    I went to see "Fallen Angel" in SF last night. It seems Gram has at least two daughters. I can't remember the name of the first daughter. She and Polly didn't get too much screen time. I'm really curious to learn if the first daughter is involved with music, besides Gram's.

Fri, June 9, 2006 - 7:18 PM
      I believe there is only one daughter, Polly.
      The other family women in the film were
      his step sisters and his youngest sister's daughter.
      I think.
      Will check with Gandulf.

what did you think of the film ?
      • Unsu...

Mon, October 16, 2006 - 6:46 PM
        I'm sorry it's been so long! I tend not to be on Tribe too often. . .

I think I became confused about how many daughters because of Polly's change in hair color. If she had brown hair at the beginning of the film and then blond at the end, I confused her with herself!

I enjoyed the film. I didn't know a lot about him factually, but I've enjoyed his music and acts he's influenced.

The one down point to the screening was the irrationally, pendantic man who went off on a rant. Otherwise, it was a good film night!

Mon, January 29, 2007 - 8:55 PM
    Hi Everyone, I just found the site and had to join up.

Polly married L.A. Musician, Charlie Terrel. They had a baby (boy, if not mistaken) in 2005.
    She co-autored a book about Gram with Jessica Hundley. Charlie wrote a successful Southern Gothic Musical "Taking The Jesus Pill"
    that has had a few good runs here in L.A.

Recent topics in "** GRAM PARSONS **"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
Really wanna have a nice dating Unsubscribed 0 July 22, 2014
Somewhat recent version of Wheels by Chris Hillman sjamike 0 February 27, 2008
Gram with Keith dandelion 0 February 9, 2008
Gram "Archives Vol. 1" Unsubscribed 0 January 3, 2008